About USEC - Mission Statement
The mission of the United States Eurasier Club, Inc. is, as a national Eurasier breed club, to encourage and promote quality in the breeding of purebred Eurasiers in the United States, and to do all things possible to bring their natural qualities to perfection by preserving the breed in accordance with the original FCI Standard, and by protecting the welfare of the Eurasier in the spirit of its country of origin.
To achieve its mission, the United States Eurasier Club, Inc. will:
- provide support and information to Eurasier owners, breeders, USEC members and the public about the care, health and breeding of Eurasiers;
- urge breeders, USEC members, judges and national breed registries to accept the standard of the breed as set forth in the original FCI Standard as the only standard of excellence by which the Eurasier shall be bred and judged;
- establish positive working relationships with international Eurasier clubs, and encourage local and regional Eurasier clubs as they develop in the United States;
- offer a link between prospective Eurasier owners and breeders who adhere to the United States Eurasier Club Inc.'s Code of Ethics;
- participate in cooperative Eurasier breed rescue for Eurasiers in need;
- develop and maintain a database of Eurasiers living or born in the United States of America;
- use it's power to protect and advance the interests and well-being of the Eurasier breed in the United States of America; and
- encourage sportsmanlike competition at all dog competitions and events, including dog shows and performance events, such as obedience and agility trials; and, where applicable, to conduct sanctioned matches, specialty shows and other events for which the Eurasier is eligible under the rules and regulations of The American Kennel Club.